Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

penthouse to out-house

mr toad
mr toad Posts: 779
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
“the path from the penthouse to the out-house is a short one” is a quote often said by the coaches at the school where I teach.[p]last night salmon on the large egg and tonight the lowly hamburger on the small egg – this hamburger was wonderful – I make thin patties – top one patty with sliced mushrooms and blue-cheese then top with another thin patty – pinch them together – wow – chef green has done it again

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    one more item here - i put the burgers in the fridge to lower temp in hopes of increasing the smoke flavor - used red oak to smoke burgers - red oak and hamburgers were created for each other

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Mr. Toad,[p]YES on both the fridge & the red oak (for beef in general). I'll have to try the blue cheese...that sounds incredible.[p]Cathy
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Mr. Toad,[p]One mans treasure is anothers garbage. Hamburgers on the Egg sound fine to me! Now, after 10 days in a row of them would not. [p]Look for that silver lining.[p]Tim
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Cat,[p]If you've never tried blue (bleu for the fancy types) cheese on hanburgers its AWESOME. I've actually seen in in a restaurant also. They called it a Blackened Bleu Burger, kind of a blackened seasoning on the burger then adding blue cheese, man its good. It's pretty easy to duplicate on the egg and the results are out of this world. Give it a shot, you'll love it.[p]Troy