Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

butcher never heard of "flat iron"

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I went to Kroger today and my butcher has never heard of a "flat iron" Anyone in texas know of a butcher shop where the workers are not idiots?

Comments

• haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Options
    spincycle,
    I have run into the same thing. What I find is that you have to find a seasoned butcher or Meat Market. I have had to print out instructions from the internet on where and how to cut to get a flat iron.

• Unknown
    Options
    spincycle,[p]Not sure what part of the state you are interested in. In the Dallas area there is Hirsch's NW corner of Parker and Custer.[p]Fishers (sp?) in Muenster has the processing plant in back of the store and can get you anything you like cut any way you want it. [p]Sorry if these are geographically undesirable.
  • haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Options
    Christopher,
    I live in burleson south of Fort worth. In Cleburne 10 min down the road there is a Mexican Meat Market/Grocery Store. They do special cuts and carry some pretty good lump as well :)

• Unknown
    Options
    Hirch's on on the NE Corner of Parker and Custer. I should not post anything before my first pot of coffee[p]
  • Unknown
    Options
    haywyre,[p]
    Yeah, Kroger sucks. I doubt any big grocer will have it. I am in Houston, near sugarland. I live near Trex, so maybe he has a recommendation