Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wing Night

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Smoked salmon for lunch, and hot wings for dinner.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    Looks great Doc! Aren't you cooking for just two? That looks like a lot of bones for two. I'm jelous.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Left overs :-)

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Ha, there were 17 whole wings, which in a restaurant would have been 34?  We had 4 (8) left over, so we did 26 between the two of us?  Yes, a bit of a pig out, but I must admit I did most of it.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Aren't you cooking for just two? .
    This is a hard adjustment to make, fairly suddenly, from cooking for 4 to cooking for 2.  I keep over doing it.

• bigguy136
    Options
    I cook for one but I grill 10 lbs of meat every week. I have a lot of happy co-workers.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I cook for one but I grill 10 lbs of meat every week. I have a lot of happy co-workers.
    Ha, I have several older single or widowed ladies who we are friends with that I take meals to frequently.  Started out when I ran into one at the grocery and she talked about all she ate was microwave.  I have become meals on wheels for some of our friends.

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    I poured myself a Jameson right after I saw the pictures.  Love the Irish whiskey.  Wings look good too!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• bigguy136
    Options

Ha, I have several older single or widowed ladies who we are friends with that I take meals to frequently.  Started out when I ran into one at the grocery and she talked about all she ate was microwave.  I have become meals on wheels for some of our friends.
    I belive in pay it forward - Thank You

Big Lake, Minnesota

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I Learned by cooking tons of stuff every weekend and taking it all to the fire station. They freaking loved it when I rolled up. Most people have only eaten industrial food so even when you feed them "not good enough"'off the egg, it's still better than frozen crap. After a year, I was doing fund raisers for them and cooking for 100 , then I opened a restaurant and lost all my money......but that is another story.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • spotco2
    spotco2 Posts: 61
    Options
    ... then I opened a restaurant and lost all my money......but that is another story.
    Know how to make a small fortune in the restaurant business?

Start out with a big fortune.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Love wings on the Egg. How did you season them?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Yes sir... fine looking wings!!  I need a plate of them right now.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Love wings on the Egg. How did you season them?
    Marinated in 50/50 Dichickos Hot and Garlic sauces.  Frozen in marinade for a couple of days, the put in the fridge to thaw 24 hours.  I don't sauce them again after cooking.