Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello From South Carolina. I need some recommendations!

Options
Chumly
Chumly Posts: 18
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Hello everyone,

I have been searching around this board the last few weeks
and finally decided that I needed to join to gain a little more access to all
of this knowledge.

Is there an area where I can look for dealer recommendations
by region? Or should I just start a topics asking for recommendations. (I live
in Beaufort SC
its in Southern SC almost in Savannah
GA if anyone happens to have a recommendation right now)

I also Have some questions regarding fuel efficiency in Large Vs. XL

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

- Chumly

Comments

• Chumly
    Options
    Believe it or not I wrote the above with much neater formatting. Not sure what happened...
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    How about to start you tell people in your state to stop being such homophobic idiotic pricks?

Chumly now you have met the worst of us. It will just get better from here. Welcome to the forum.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DOCED
    DOCED Posts: 69
    Options
    Nice. Real open minded.The guy didn't ask for  your sociopolitical opinion unless I misread his post!
  • Chumly
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • Chumly
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

That's the first positive thing I've seen you write about Canada. So we are what, ten years out of the dark ages?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    How about to start you tell people in your state to stop being such homophobic idiotic pricks?
    Nice generalization.   Our state has plenty of fine people as well as outliers...no different from any other place. 

Chumly - Tweev has loads of good info but he can be abrassive at times.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Options
    Chumly, nearly everyone on this forum are very nice happy people and always ready to help. welcome. Crude remarks usually come from angry unhappy people and should be disregarded. They do not belong here.
  • Little Steven
    Options

Wrong again. 2005 Federally, 2003 in 8 of 10 provinces

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options

Welcome aboard Chumly. 

I have a large and am amazed at how fuel efficient it is but the XL users have the same efficiency. I cook mostly for just my girlfriend and I but I would buy an XL just to have the extra room.  I think that the ceramic grill store even sales a divider for the XL fire box if you'd prefer to go that route.

Lots of good information to be found here and being a resident of the Tarheel State but from the Commonwealth of Virginia I'll save my frustrations about our recently election for an OT post.  I think it is Federalist 58 where Jimmy Madison voiced some of the concerns mentioned by Tweev but I bet Tweev is a much better cook.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Little Steven
    Options

Wrong again. 2005 Federally, 2003 in 8 of 10 provinces

I think you are mixing up legalization of gay marriage (which was determined to be against the charter) and when the charter was assented.  My date was referring to the latter.  Technically gay marriage was technically legal as soon as the charter was enacted and it wasn't realized federally until 2005.  Slow lawyers :)
    Oddly enough I thought that was the referendum that was held in NC was about.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

@Chumly, I am from Beaufort originally, but live in Columbia right now--- miss the Lowcountry. Welcome to the party. I can give you some recommendations for sure.

@Tweev, have you even ever been to SC? I will admit we have some jacked up politicians, but which ones are not?

Besides, I thought this was a BBQ forum, not a politcal one.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    None are so intolerant as those who voice so loudly their tolerance.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Tweev-tip, I kinda like the way we do it in N.C. if it don't suit your fancy (or fantasy) keep your a@@ in Canada! This is a very peaceful and useful forum let's keep it that way.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Wow. What a hijack. Welcome Chumly. Sorry your first post got nuked like that but it gets better. We'll be here to do what we can if you need us.

And I promise i won't generalize on your state any more than i would generalize on Tweev's sitch. Seems to be one and the same to me.

Now back to BBQ.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I hear you Tweev but if attacking a newbie on a BBQ site is your idea of not remaining silent, I think that is misguided. I happen to agree with you on the issue, just not the forum.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I don't either.
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Options
    The children in the womb are least able to defend themselves. This IS what happens when good people remain silent. You can't pick and choose Tweev
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Options
    Tweev- don't be a mardy bum
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options

That's NC that passed the law, not SC.

Tho tragically results may have been the same.
    Boom
  • Gato
    Options
    You have no idea what charities I or any other pro lifer contributes to. Good try though.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options

@Chumly, I am from Beaufort originally, but live in Columbia right now--- miss the Lowcountry. Welcome to the party. I can give you some recommendations for sure.

@Tweev, have you even ever been to SC? I will admit we have some jacked up politicians, but which ones are not?

Besides, I thought this was a BBQ forum, not a politcal one.

. I'm also in Columbia. Love to meet up, learn a few things. I'm a noobie. I'll even bring the meat!
    Boom
  • Gato
    Options
    In case you didn't know abortion affects alot of minorities also.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Guys- while I appreciate that everyone has a point of view here, let's let chum
    Have his thread back please. This is a mess. You guys take it off line if this is really a road you want to go down (please copy me because I think it could be awesome).
  • Gato
    Options
    Sorry @Chumly , welcome aboard!!
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Alright @chumly. You appear to be safe......for now :)
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    This may offend some but I'm firm in my belief: I'm pro-grilling. I'm anti-gas. I discriminate and judge gas grills and usually briquette users. I know a few people who use briquettes and they're ok but I am not ok with them as a whole.

I know that's offensive to some but it's how I feel. >:)
    Boom
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Now we are back.
  • MeAndTheDog
    MeAndTheDog Posts: 73
    edited May 2012
    Options

WOW!

@chumly I tried to help on the other post

Conway, S.C.
  • mikey5874
    mikey5874 Posts: 86
    Options
    I see now why I have been thinking of removing myself from this forum.What does politics have to do with cooking on a friggin' egg. Adios and please do some happy egging. "I need advise" WELL WHERE DO U LIVE? DO U BELIEVE HOW I DO?...........