Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Repair / glue tips please

James MB
James MB Posts: 359
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

OK so I haven't used one of my mediums for a long time and when I took the damper cap off a large chip fell off the outside of the chimney.

Any tips regarding what glue to use to stick it back on, I have the chip which seemed to come off in one piece? I am concerned that if I leave it then water will get in and do more damage when it freezes. imageI'll try and translate into UK products.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    might be a warranty issue, fwiw.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • James MB
    edited May 2012

Yes I mailed in the warranty card - but I'm in the UK - I can't see them sending me a new lid (they could throw in a firebox as mine is in a few pieces and a couple of med spring bands as both are welded deformed so can never close square).

btw when removing the lower gasket I could read the words MEXICOSH2001 I guess that dates the base.

Oh , and yes I was just getting around to tidying the garden!

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    By the way. Plenty of JB weld on UK eBay if you have trouble finding it. Just checked.
  • James MB
    It's on Amazon UK too - I assume it's a regular two part epoxy resin (like Araldite here in the UK). Thanks.
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491

Yes I mailed in the warranty card - but I'm in the UK - I can't see them sending me a new lid (they could throw in a firebox as mine is in a few pieces and a couple of med spring bands as both are welded deformed so can never close square).

btw when removing the lower gasket I could read the words MEXICOSH2001 I guess that dates the base.

Oh , and yes I was just getting around to tidying the garden!

They have a distributor over there.  They won't be sending it from the US.  Use your warranty.
  • Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    It's on Amazon UK too - I assume it's a regular two part epoxy resin (like Araldite here in the UK). Thanks.

Your welcome. Hope things work out, and you will probably get a new one from warranty.