Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE XL Courtesy of the Government Of Canada

Stoater
Stoater Posts: 292
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well, I never thought I would thank the government, but they gave me a nice tax refund..so Christmas came early.
Thank you all for the advice received over the past 3 months slinking around in the background, this forum is a tremendous resource and I look forward using it on a continuous basis.
Today I took delivery of an xl big green egg, plate setter, pizza stone and pizza peel, look forward to getting a thermopen, adjustable rig, 1.25 inch spider and lump reducing ring, angle brackets from cgs and a hammer tapped wok from the wok shop in the next few weeks, shish... please send me another check Mr Harper.
Out with the old and in with the new.
Slainte

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    My old gasser was falling apart and I finally got rid of it. I put it on craigslist.org and it was off my property 45 minutes later. I don't miss it one bit.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I am compelled to comment that the government gave you nothing, you just manged to keep some of what you earned.  There is a big difference.

Welcome to Eggdom.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Stoater
    Right you are ! I'm just in love with my new egg and couldn't see it! How could I be so blind !!!!
  • brentsee
    brentsee Posts: 99

Just about 2 months for me with new egg...  Wife thinks I love the egg more than her now. 

There was a learning curve for me - threw out a 20 lb turkey, 2 lbs of wings, couple chicken.  But it's better now!!  Food is so good on the egg.

This forum really helps if you're having problems - I learnt lots about air flow etc. 

You can thank me for your refund as I still have to pay

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Congratulations!
  • Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Do you still have room for the Large & Mini BGE, there coming you know....
  • Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    Nice selection of accessories, you've obviously done your homework. Your life will never be the same (and that's a good thing!)
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • Stoater
    Thanks guys, when I was paying the rest of my deposit yesterday I had a quick gander at the mini, and thought hey I could even fit that in a canoe.

Yes life is changing I can feel it, should have taken a couple days off work, ah well the weekend is upon us, and its only 8 hours till work is over.
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Grats!!  You are going to love it!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Not trying to start a flame war, but Stoater, you did read the threads on here pretty much stating that you won't get warranty service on your Egg in Canada right? Anyhow congrats, I know you will enjoy it. Be vigilant and let us know what transpires if you do happen to need warranty service.
  • Stoater
    Cheers,

Yes I did read that thread, hope I will never go down that path, not having one wasn't an option and couldn't move to the states, so here I am happy egging.  Loved the smell when Iit her up yesterday, 2 neighbours had to peek out the back windows both of them couldn't believe it.
  • Bjorg
    Bjorg Posts: 241
    I am from Quebec and bought my egg from NY (half price compared to Canada). I can get warranty service from the store I bought it from in NY. 

Quebec - Canada
  • Stoater
    Nice, yes maybe I should have gone down that route too, next egg perhaps.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Cheers,

Yes I did read that thread, hope I will never go down that path, not having one wasn't an option and couldn't move to the states, so here I am happy egging.  Loved the smell when Iit her up yesterday, 2 neighbours had to peek out the back windows both of them couldn't believe it.
    I've had good warranty service over the years. I reall doubt it is that different now.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Nice purchase although not to have it misconstrued. The tax money you got FROM the government was actually YOUR money to begin with, they just helped themselves to it so you couldn't earn interest on it.

• Stoater
    I am compelled to comment that the government gave you nothing, you just manged to keep some of what you earned.  There is a big difference.

Welcome to Eggdom.

Right you are ! I'm just in love with my new egg and couldn't see it! How could I be so blind !!!!

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    " they just helped themselves to it so you couldn't earn interest on it"
    or you gave them too much and let them play with it while you could have invested it
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Take the pin out of the guys bubble will ya'? We like to think that they are saving it up for us. Says the guy who hasn't filed in three years /:)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    edited May 2012
    i file four times a year.
    (...trombone slide. bwah bwah bwaaaaaah)
    <:-P
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Yeah, we have to file once for every million of income too. Fortunately I don't have that headache

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    I for one am very happy for the thread starter and can't wait to do a BGE XL courtesy of Uncle Sam thread in a few months :)>- :D