Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just Veggies

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
A strange and busy cook night.  The spouse still feels under the weather, and just wanted veggies, so I cooked these direct and indirect on the LBGE, then converted for a couple other cooks.

Due to her feeling sick we got out of sync with our meals, and have some food thawed that needs to be cooked, but will become instant left over.  I hate instant left overs.

Anyway, some other cooks to be posted.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Doc, I hope she get to feeling better.  Those are some nice veggie mix
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    I too hope she feels better soon...

Being a carnivore, veggies aren't real high on the list :) , but those look tasty!  I do like the mix... nice.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Slobberdog
    Slobberdog Posts: 54
    Options
    So Doc, I see you grill a lot of different veggies. Please share your basic prep and method.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options

I sometimes mix and toss, and sometime layer by type.  The latter if I want to char a little.

They are both the same combo.  The layered method is:

Carrot chips

Peppers

Onions

Zuchinni

Other things from time to time; red cabbage, brouccoli, snow peas, and so on.

Half load on the XL, heat to 350.  Direct for 5 to 10 minutes.  Stir.  Indirect until done, checking and stirring every 10 minutes.  At each stir spray with EVOO and add whatever spices you want (we like garlic).  Warm and crispy beats the heck out of over done and mushy.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    So if I just feed a rabit the veggies and eat the rabit later, is that the same thing?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Ummmmm, I love rabbit.  I can't get it here except frozen from the grocery.