Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 pizzas at once

vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

There are lots of new folks on here so I thought I would repost...this makes having a pizza party a snap...

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1072494&catid=1#

Comments

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Nice post. A little different than others I have seen. I like the two at a time set up. The most notable difference viewing it is "pans" vs on the stone. Were you taking those pans on and off with the pizza. What are the pans, and do you get better results with pan vs direct stone. I know from reading that pizza can be tricky. Just wondering your specific favorite method.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092

The pans are Air Bake pizza pans. I got mine from Target. I have 2 of each for the large & small BGE's. We use them for pizzas and other items as well.

We make the pies right on the pan. No messing with parchment paper, corn meal, etc. I let the pizza stone or stones get hot for 45 minutes or so. I put the pizza and the Air Bake pan right on the stone. After a few minutes i slide the pie off and directly on the stone. When the pies are done I slide the pie bake on to the Air Bake pan...easy peasy...

I hope that answers the questions. Thanks