Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mosquito sucking blood from my finger

fishman10
fishman10 Posts: 21
edited May 2012 in Off Topic
The mosquitoes this weekend were eating me alive.  I decided I would film one sucking ym blood out.  This was shot at 3x on a Canon 5D Mark II using a Canon MP-E 65mm 1x-5x lens.

Comments

• JEC23
    JEC23 Posts: 131
    This is why I'm happy to live in the UK! 
  • Adamd
    Adamd Posts: 160
    Sacrifice yourself for the shot. It is a cool video. Nice work!!
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Like how at the end you can see the blood in it. It's belly turns red

XLBGE 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    One time I was in a deer stand getting nailed by them as well. I let one stay on my forearm and start going for blood. Once attached i repeatedly flexed my forearm forcing the blood into it rapidly until it exploded. Try it. I have never been able to repeat.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    One time I was in a deer stand getting nailed by them as well. I let one stay on my forearm and start going for blood. Once attached i repeatedly flexed my forearm forcing the blood into it rapidly until it exploded. Try it. I have never been able to repeat.
    Pure genius-well done...but like here, "no pics, it didn't happen"...although I don't do pics so I believe:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    I grew up in South Dakota, and did my last Active Duty in Grand Forks North Dakota.  Worst mosquitoes ever.  Probably the biggest thing I love about the Rockies is you have to try, just to find mosquitoes (I do a lot of bird photography in the marshes, so yeah I still get bit, but its by choice).  

Great video!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    I was working in Minneapolis, MN and I killed one once that had two ticks on it's back. Mosquitoes are the MN state bird.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • That was a little creepy. That dude is going to need a nap. If he did that to me he would have been hammered drunk and probably dead shortly after :).
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • That's nasty, but pretty awesome at the same time.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Wow, that sucker sure filled up! 
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    And this has what to do with a big green egg?
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    My two best toy in the yard are:

1) BGE XL

The trick to the MM is you have to start early in the season, even if they have not hatch yet. That way you get to catch the first ones that hatch and not let them lay eggs!

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    ...I think we'd all go crazy if it was all egg all the time.

That's precisely what the Off Topic category is for.
  • ...I think we'd all go crazy if it was all egg all the time.
    That's precisely what the Off Topic category is for.
    Well said.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    And next week we will bring you a video of the doctor telling fishman he has West Nile virus....

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings