Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally got pizza right

Options
lilwooty
lilwooty Posts: 215
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

After a couple of tries, I finally seem to have pizza on my XL egg all figured out.

We did our dough from scratch and I made my white garlic pizza sauce from scratch.  Pepperoni, sausage, green onions, roma tomatoes, mushrooms and mozarella and romano and shredded parmesan cheese.  I love the Round table's Italian Garlic supreme, and this is my version of that one.

Plate setter legs up, then cooking grid then pizza stone on top.  Egg temp at 600 dome.  No daisy wheel.  Bottom draft door about one inch open.  Pizza stone preheating for about 45 minutes.  The pizzas were done in about 7 minutes or so.  Crust browned on the bottom perfectly this time.  Even my 2 finicky eating grandkids ages 5 and 2 couldn't get enough of these pies.  Thank you all for your most helpful tips and suggestions.

Living Large and XL

Comments