Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone lese cook for the week on Sundays

erickpanger
erickpanger Posts: 48
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I should not be left unsupervised in While Foods meat section. Pictured below...

4 burgers
8 Sausage's
A Skirt Steak I rolled up with provolone and spinach
And something they call a T-Rex Steak. Basically a big ass bone in Rib eye

Eggs is coming up to temp as I type. Beer is cold and the cigar is about to be lit

Wish me luck I'm going in

Comments

• erickpanger
    erickpanger Posts: 48
    edited April 2012
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,163
    When in the empty-nest routine I do most of the major cooks (butts, brisket, whole chix-bulk volume items) on the weekends and then eat/give away throughout the week.  Now that two college aged males are passing through the household for a bit the frequency of both bulk and smaller cooks will greatly increase-and yes, I am happy to cook on the BGE for anybody and dang near any time-did anyone mention habit-forming and perhaps more :\">
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I do a huge wok veggie cook every Sunday and pack it for lunch all week.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • I usually drink for the week on Sundays too :)

great looking food. Nice job on the flank Roulade. That looks really good.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    The Sunday routine does well for the BGE but my adult beverage consumption does expand beyond the weekend-and that's the way it is...and BGE time is beer time no matter when :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mine certainly expands past the weekend as well. Just always loved sippin a little on Sundays. Our friends and relatives always come over for "Sunday Funday" at the Oakes casa. Pool, egg, frosty bevs.....good times. Then comes the walk of shame to the curb on recycling day :))

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Not sure where the photo went

I've finally figured out that, when you start a new thread, the photo (if you used the "Attach a file" feature) doesn't show up until someone else posts on that thread, or the OP does as you did above.  Quirk of the Vanilla...

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    My wife and I are starting buying groceries by a menu instead of just stocking up. I am terrible about taking my lunch to work but wanna start doing what your talking about. Grilling a couple of things while it's fired up and just heating it up later. Not gonna taste as awesome but In a time crunch or lunch box it's better than Wendy's

XLBGE 
  • STANGOJE
    STANGOJE Posts: 44

I always cook extra for lunches, usually I cook about 4lbs of chicken breast so we can have salad and chicken for lunch every day (it is a good way to keep unwanted pounds off)...

I like to soak the chicken breast over night in tomato puree, hot sauce and worcestershire sauce.

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2012
    Grilling a couple of things while it's fired up and just heating it up later. Not gonna taste as awesome but In a time crunch or lunch box it's better than Wendy's
    Maybe not for the whole week, but I always cook a few things a little more underdone for re-heating at work the next day for lunch. 
    Beats the heck out of anything I can get here at a fraction of the price here.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • DOCED
    DOCED Posts: 69
    Ditto. I usually work T,W,Th so when batching it like to cook chicken thighs on Mon (DP and Bone suckin Sauce) for a quick supper, Have a large package open in refrig now. Did my first spare ribs yest (usually a BB guy),good but I got a little heavy on the Red Eye Express so didn,t sleep much. May take a few of those for lunch. Will post will post pics when I get it sorted out. " IN A COMPUTER WORLD I AM AN ABACUS" , author: me. 
  • No thing like my Green Egg and a cold brew to close out the weekend
  • Well, that ringing sound you heard around lunch time was me phoning it in. I reheated some frozen flat in the sous vide and we lunched on that (best way to warm butts and brisket IMO- 125 degrees for 15-20 min). I was feeling pretty lazy and thought that might be it for me but I had a chicken in the fridge and I hadn't spatchcocked in a while (that sounds a bit strange) so I thought I'd give it a rip. As always, it was super easy and awesome. I used Dizzy Tsunami and it was great (but I over applied and it was a bit strong). Also wanted to break in all my new warranty insides so had to light her up.

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    I should not be left unsupervised in While Foods meat section.

Yes... they recognize my voice when I call and we are on a first name basis.  In fact, I take the butcher leftovers!  :)  I agree... I like to get as much cooking done on the weekends and make after work dinner quick and easy.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • yes, I usually try to cook something that we can eat from until at least mid-week (Wed or Thur). 

For instance, I recently did a prime rib roast. 

Also recently did a turkey breast. 

This past weekend was just wings & hot dogs, so they went pretty fast...
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Mine certainly expands past the weekend as well. Just always loved sippin a little on Sundays. Our friends and relatives always come over for "Sunday Funday" at the Oakes casa. Pool, egg, frosty bevs.....good times. Then comes the walk of shame to the curb on recycling day :))

I know the feeling. I had to call the city to get an extra bin for my cans and bottles. I can usually hear the trash guys dump my recycle bins when I am in the shower Tuesday mornings.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mine certainly expands past the weekend as well. Just always loved sippin a little on Sundays. Our friends and relatives always come over for "Sunday Funday" at the Oakes casa. Pool, egg, frosty bevs.....good times. Then comes the walk of shame to the curb on recycling day :))

I know the feeling. I had to call the city to get an extra bin for my cans and bottles. I can usually hear the trash guys dump my recycle bins when I am in the shower Tuesday mornings.

me too. I just laugh when I hear them out there. Both my neighbors have like one milk carton and a newspaper in theirs. My 2 are generally overflowing with the spoils of war from a weekend of debauchery 
  • lousubcap
    But for such a worthy cause-your own enjoyment experimenting with the BGE, great friends and great food.  Tough combo to beat-especially with a cold one in hand :)>-
  • But for such a worthy cause-your own enjoyment experimenting with the BGE, great friends and great food.  Tough combo to beat-especially with a cold one in hand :)>-
    Plus some weekends we go out in the boat and I get to leave that pile of reminders back at the marina. that's when we only fill up one recycling bin for the week at home :)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Then comes the walk of shame to the curb on recycling day :))

Sooo glad to learn I'm not the only one...  #:-S

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    We're on a depostit/return system here and I'm glad I drive a pickup for the returns

Steve 

Caledon, ON