Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A breakthrough....

Z_Eggineer
Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

Have any of you experienced this on the egg?

I had some pretty good pulled pork my first cook, though my temp control was horrible.  Then, I proceeded to have a few average to good cooks.  Lately, I started using Best of the West lump (OMG, huge chunks!!!) with the Hi-que grate.  Did NOT like the flavor it gave fish for tacos.  However, I put some brined, previously frozen chicken breasts on the egg with just some of that mesquite lump and olive oil, lemon peel, salt, pepper, and herbs on the outside.  I had to bump the temp a little high due to time (450 ish) on just the standard grate.  I flipped once and pulled at 155 internal.

WOW, this was some of the best chicken I have ever had, including restaurants.  I had no idea grilled chicken breast could be this moist.  I feel like I have finally started to actually learn the egg.  Kept temp constant, no peeking, etc.  The results were phenominal (sp?).  Will definitely be making this again with pics.  What is your breakthrough on your egg?

Comments