Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Homemade Meatball and Marinara Pizza

Options
Hi54putty
Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I know this cook doesn't meet the @VillageIdiot challenge, but I thought I would post anyway. We Egg pizza all the time and it is always great. However, last night may be the best pizza I have ever tasted.

My wife, an excellent cook in every way, made her somewhat famous meatballs and marinara recipe. It is fantastic. The next day we made a pizza using a whole wheat crust with olive oil, garlic salt, sesame seeds, meatballs (diced), marinara, parmesan, and mozzarella.

The pics aren't great but the flavor was amazing. I cancelled my lunch meeting today so I could go home and eat it again.

Also, I tried the platesetter legs up, grate, stone combination and had better success with getting a crispy crust than some of the others. I will use that setup going forward.

imageimage
XL,L,S 
Winston-Salem, NC 

Comments