Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone going to egg fest in Austin this weekend?

Options
The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'll be there fo' sho'
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Is it sat or sun?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Is it sat or sun?
    Saturday
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Im gunna pass on this one. The wife lady has a human growing inside her and we have a ton of stuff to do. By we, I mean me. As in, putting all the crap she baught together. If it was on sun, I will be in atx anyway. SHE has signed US up for Pregger pics.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Im gunna pass on this one. The wife lady has a human growing inside her and we have a ton of stuff to do. By we, I mean me. As in, putting all the crap she baught together. If it was on sun, I will be in atx anyway. SHE has signed US up for Pregger pics.
    Dude, you are living the dream right now :)

Mine are 17 and 13 and there will be no more pregger pics unless something goes horribly wrong.

• TxAg93
    TxAg93 Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm going to try to make it.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Now at 90% sure will be doing grandfather stuff in Frisco (so I am told by wife).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Now at 90% sure will be doing grandfather stuff in Frisco (so I am told by wife).
    Grandfather stuff trumps many things!
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Can wanna-be eggheads go?  If so, I'll send my friends over to check it out. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Mickey
    Options

Yes, that is what it is for. And why didn't you send them to mine in Salado?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Absolutely

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options

Yes, that is what it is for. And why didn't you send them to mine in Salado?
    Honestly, I didn't know they were only an hour away from Salado. Bummer, they would have enjoyed that one too.  
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • supervisor404
    Options
    Would love to..but have to work...you guys be safe and have a great fellowship.
  • Sneezix
    Sneezix Posts: 40
    Options
    I'll be there, cookin'.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'll be there, cookin'.

cool. Think I will too. Just got the sign up sheet from BBQ Outfitters
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Unfortunately not.  The Iguana Grill is an awesome place for an Eggfest.  I enjoyed the one in 2010 very much.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Plus I live 3 minutes away :).
  • Mickey
    Options
    Plus I live 3 minutes away :).
    That's what I like about Salado. I can walk to it in a couple of mins.....

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Of course you can walk almost anywhere in Salado in a few minutes :).
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    I think they might have a better showing if they had posted a list of who is coming.  I'm thinking we'll go to Athens, if the wife is up to it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Options
    I wish I could play with you guys. But I am told I am needed in Frisco to entertain a 9 and 11 year old.

• Mickey
    Options
    Just found out I am not needed for grandfather duties. Will be in Austin for the fest.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just found out I am not needed for grandfather duties. Will be in Austin for the fest.
    Cool. Can't wait to meet you. Do you want to cook or just coming to hang out? They have room for a few teams but I haven't decided yet. Might just want to check it out this time.

• Mickey
    Options

I thought we met in Salado. You are Travis :ar!

• Mickey
    Options
    =))  sorry, joke.....

• Mickey
    Options
    Kidding aside. You didn't come to Salado?

• Mickey
    Options

I am having lunch with Travis Friday, will see if I can do any arm twisting to get him to come. Anybody close and would like lunch Friday give me a shout.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Kidding aside. You didn't come to Salado?
    Nah. I just started getting involved with community a few weeks ago when I joined this. I've been doing all this on an island for 7 years

• Mickey
    Options

Look for me. I am old, short, over weight ---- NO, that's Gary (VI).  I can say that because I love the guy.

That is me.......... Austin will have for the norm +400 so here is my number 254.289.1877 please call me so we can find each other. I am signed up to cook.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Awesome. I'll look you up.
  • zbasshunter
    Options
    Man, I wish I would have seen this post about two weeks ago... I have a fishing tourney this Saturday that is really important, but if I would have known I would have not prepaid and just missed it to make it to my first EggFest.  I love my Egg and I would love to see how other people cook to get ideas.  I already spend my lunch hours planing my next cook on the forum.

I should make the next one though.