Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Renfro's Smoked Sausage in Lufkin

Eggbertsdad
Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Any of you Texas guys or gals familiar with this place? I know Texas is a pretty big place, just curious. 
Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)

Comments

• Nope but I'm sure I know people who are. What are you looking for?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    I got a call from the owner from the owner earlier today. I work with his bank (even though I'm in FL) and he called to ask a few questions. Being that there are some folks on here from Texas I didn't know if anyone knew of the place. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    I am only 187 miles from it and that is a tad long for lunch. Sorry, never a word and not familiar......
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Well, he's not really on the radar as far as famous TX. BBQ spots are concerned. Every town has a local place and my guess is that he is more of that type place. He's in E. TX and that starts to move way more toward sausage and pork ribs and sweeter sauce. We are more brisket, sausage and tangy sauce. Don't know any more than generalizations. They don't have a website so I'm guessing pretty small little family biz.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674

My guess is Cen-Tex Smoker nailed it.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    I will be in Lufkin this weekend playing golf.  should I research?

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• I think you have to now.