Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My $50 Craigslist BGE Project

Options
Bubba12803
Bubba12803 Posts: 24
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
OK so here are some photos of my large BGE that I bought off of Craigslist for $50. It will be my new spring project. I am contacting a local dealer to order parts. Need a new dome, bands, handle and draft door. The fire box and ring are fine and not cracked although it was packed with ash when I picked it up. Came with the BGE cyprus table that I also want to refinish because it is so weathered. Any suggestions on the best way to restore the table? I was thinking deck wash first but not sure.imageimage

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,382
    Options
    No wood expert here but great score-enjoy the project.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    The previous owner should be turned in to the proper authorities and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Glad you were there to restore order in your part of the world.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • supervisor404
    Options
    AMEN to that Hi54putty!!!!
  • Bubba12803
    Options
    The previous owner should be turned in to the proper authorities and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Glad you were there to restore order in your part of the world.

Yeah it looks kind of sad now and my wife was not too happy when I showed up with it, but I am sure with a little time and effort I can bring it back. The dome is cracked and I thought about trying to repair it but I don't want to run into any problems with it in the future so I figured I would just buy the new dome.