Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easter Prime Rib

Options
acr
acr Posts: 27
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Unfortunately, I was too excited to eat so I didn't take any pictures.  I'm not sure how you guys do it!

In any case, the roast turned out great!  I hit it with a steak rub and the 7lb roast cooked at 375 for nearly three hours took me to about medium rare (135). Added a little apple smoke for kicks. Everyone seemed to enjoy the egging, and most of my guests had never even seen a BGE before so it was a good time explaining all the features and benefits of the egg.  It's still surprising to me just how closed the draft door needs to be for the lower temp range.  It would be barely open at all for 200 - 220 deg! 

A question, the smoke only lasted for a little while, which was fine for the roast I was cooking but I could certainly see me wanting a heavier smoke flavour if I were cooking a different roast.  Any tips for stretching out the smoke?  It seems it would be difficult to add more chips during the cook if the plate setter is in place!

Thanks

A

Comments