Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm Done Cooking on my BGE

Options
bigguy136
bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

I did a spatchcock chicken today and I would say I'm done cooking on my BGE with the nest. My table is soooo close to being done, I'm not cooking anything else until my egg is in its new home.

imageimage

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Your table is coming along great!  Looking forward to seeing how the fridge and the unique caster set-up works! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Real nice.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Very nice looking. What kind of wood are the supports? How thick is the wood that you tiled? 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • balliardi
    balliardi Posts: 72
    Options
    My table is going to look so average in comparison to this when I finish it!
  • bigguy136
    Options
    Thanks all. I used 4 x 4 douglas fir for the frame and 3/4" plywood for the top. All tile are set with silicone and the grout joints will also be silicone. I figure there will be some flex as I move it around and silicone will allow the tile to move without cracking.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Mbeach
    Mbeach Posts: 21
    Options
    very nice table so far. how did you get the granite tile cut round like that?
  • bigguy136
    Options
    very nice table so far. how did you get the granite tile cut round like that?
    I used a cheap 4" 90° grinder with a diamond blade made for cutting cement blocks and I cut it dry. Good thing it was a windy day....

Big Lake, Minnesota

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Is this going to be stationary or wheeled?  I like the idea of a sink...and wonder, on a mobile table, could you rig it up so that the water supply was just a garden hose attachment and the waste just went a few feet away via another "hose" to the ground?
  • bigguy136
    Options
    Yes, garden hose it is. I'm also going to have a 5 gal catch can if needed but mainly I will have a second hose back onto the ground for a drain.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Risingjay
    Risingjay Posts: 19
    Options
    More pics!!!!!!!!!  I'm very excited to see this finished!  Great job so far.
  • bigguy136
    Options
    I'm at my shop making the wheels now. I have all tile done and need to finish installing the sink and fridge. I will add some photos later tonight of how it's looking.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• bigguy136
    Options

I got 2 of the 4 wheels done but my machine shop is an hour away so I won't get there until next weekend to finish them. That will give me the week to add the finishing touches to my table but as promised, here is a current photoimage

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Looking good bigguy!!
  • bigguy136
    Options

I said I wasn"t going to cook on my egg in the nest..... I couldn't wait. I did have my egg in my new table but I need to finish the wheels this weekend and get the fridge mounted (I guess I need to buy the fridge also).

I spun the lid and put the vent out the back. I figure I'm going to have my Stokers on it, I don't need to mess with the vent much.

I was reading a thread about skinless chicken so i thought I would do that.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    Nice table BigGuy!  I am building a new table for my medium and in the process updated my large table a bit.  I am doing the same thing with a sink.  Got it hooked up with a garden hose and have the same plan for waste water, but I have a coupe tweaks to make before I can post pics.  I still went with wood on the top, but I love the tile!  =D>
  • bigguy136
    Options
    Thanks. I hope to have everything done in another week.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    Great looking table Bigguy. The tile looks great. Can I ask if you have you draft door on the backside of your egg on purpose?
  • Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 356
    Options
    Osom job on table!
    Cheers! Shawn My Blog: http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/ My Dads Custom Handles Blog http://dannyscarvings.blogspot.com
  • bigguy136
    Options
    Great looking table Bigguy. The tile looks great. Can I ask if you have you draft door on the backside of your egg on purpose?
    I use a Stokers temp controller so I put the draft door in the back to clean-up all the wires.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Very nicely done. I am sure you will enjoy using that table for many cooks to come. =D> =D>
    Large, small, and a mini
  • bigguy136
    Options

And here are the tires. They can be removed/ added with pulling a couple of pins. It takes about a 15 lb push to raise each leg.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    When are you installing the fridge?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Ottawa_Eggman
    Ottawa_Eggman Posts: 111
    edited April 2012
    Options
    What did you use to adhere your granite tile to the wood? I'm using granite tile also and I have concerns about weather causing the tile to lift. Here is my project with out the counter tops on. One side will be granite tile (24x36) the other butcher block (24x36). I have also add a rail across the back to prevent my egg from falling or tipping backwards
  • bigguy136
    Options
    Very nice looking!

I used colored outdoor window/ door silicone for both glueing the tile down and as a grout joint. For the cost, I love the top (would rather have a one piece granite). A quick spray of 409 and a paper towel and it wipes clean.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Ottawa_Eggman
    Options
    Cool thanks bigguy