Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The night before the morning after

Options
chuckls
chuckls Posts: 399
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
colorado_eggfest_lazy_l_3.png
<p />Well we had a bit of wet weather on the eve of the Lazy L Minifest - but no worries! Our eggs are under cover, and tomorrow's forecast is favorable. I've started a pork shoulder that will provide sustinence until the ABT's & wings & tenderloins & ...
start rolling off the grills tomorrow. Meanwhile, here's a couple of shots of tonight's storm hangover (and thanks to WMK for the cool Lazy L Minifest banner!)[p]
Hail.jpg
[p]First, a bit of hail[p]
LakeL.jpg

Lake Logan in the background[p]
lake1.jpg

the headwaters of Lake Logan[p]
butt.jpg

And a pork shoulder doesn't care about rain![p][p]

Comments

• chuckls
    Options
    P.S. can you guess which pics were taken with my phone camera?[p]
  • wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    chuckls,
    I noticed the Egg in the table looks to be sitting on just the original BGE "feet" as opposed to a flat stone or any other heat shielding material. Is the table wood holding up to the heat OK? I'm finishing a table this weekend and the dealer said all I needed to protect the wood would be the Egg feet. Do you konw if this is really true or one of those urban myths?

• chuckls
    Options
    WDAN,[p]It's true that some insulation is needed underneath the egg. I started out with the egg sitting on a 1" thick flagstone. After only 1 or 2 cooks the wood underneath was charred. I switched to the feet, and have not had a problem since. [p]I think the air gap is a better insulator than a solid piece, but of course it depends upon the insulating qualities of the solid brick. The bottom of the egg would have to get pretty darned hot to radiate enough heat to char wood through an air gap of the size that the feet make.[p]Chuck
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    chuckls,
    I still owe you a pan....sqwish I were there.[p]Mike

• chuckls
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Both Val and I are LOL!

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    chuckls, I'm guessing the house and the head water. All good piks though.