Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Homecut peachwood chunks and chips

Options
gastonegghead
gastonegghead Posts: 4
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have a potential customer who was asking about peachwood chunks and chips.  He was wanting to know about flare up.  Can anybody shed any light on this for me please?  Thanks!

Marty

XL Egg.....Large Egg.....Every accessory stored in Gladiator Garageworks cabinets.  OH, Im a Egg Dealer!

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    doesn't happen.
    any air that comes in the egg is drawn in from below and used up by the charcoal.  there's no extra air to allow chips or chunks to burn.

same for chicken fat or steaks.  they do NOT flare up, unless you open the dome and give it a lot of fresh air.  even then, shutting the dome means those flames die in about 30 seconds max anyway.

you can get the egg to 700 if you want, toss in a stick of wood, and shut the dome.  it won't burn( in the sense that it gets covered in flame).
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • gastonegghead
    Options
    Thanks Stike. That was what I was thinking but am not an expert on the egg yet!

XL Egg.....Large Egg.....Every accessory stored in Gladiator Garageworks cabinets.  OH, Im a Egg Dealer!