Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Local ACE Hardware - now a dealer

boatbum
boatbum Posts: 1,273
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Wandered into the local store yesterday to pick up some nuts and bolts.   They are now a dealer.   Nice that they are close to the house.

They did have Ozark charcoal in stock - I think it was 10.99 for a 10lb bag.   Couple of other brands that I did not recognize.

Cookin in Texas

Comments

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Where are you boatbum?

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    A local ACE (2 towns over) is also a dealer. I pulled in on Sunday for something else, and saw a gent (B@stard took my lump!) walking out with the last 2 bags of Wicked good. I picked up a 10# bag of what I think might be Ozark. Will check tonight.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Ace in Columbia SC is a dealer, but they never have s%*t. Once they ran out of the first stocking of eggsessories they have done a pathetic job of keeping them stocked. Hope you guys have a better eggsperience with Ace.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • boatbum
    Not far (North) of Dallas Fort Worth Airport.
    Cookin in Texas
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Ace in Columbia SC is a dealer, but they never have s%*t. Once they ran out of the first stocking of eggsessories they have done a pathetic job of keeping them stocked. Hope you guys have a better eggsperience with Ace.
    That's your problem, you're in Columbia! Go down I-26 a couple of hours until you get to Charleston and set up camp there.  :)) Just messin' with you. 

I lived on James Island for 7 years and loved it there. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • boatbum

Our local ACE dealer is pretty good overall - usually keep good inventory across the board - though priced expensive.   But then there is the conveince factor of just being down the street.

Happy they are carrying BGE stuff close by - time will tell how well they do.

Cookin in Texas
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    I bought my large green egg at Ace Hardware in Oxford, MS. Paid $735 and got the standard bag of lump. The Oxford Ace has the best supply of accessories I have seen. Wish they carried Wicked Good.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • Eggo,

I live in Oxford also, I agree, they do a great job on everything so far.  My Egg didn't come from there, but have bought alot of accessories and charcoal from them.  I really want to try the Wicked Good everyone talks about.  Where else do you buy charcoal in town?  Nice to know there are some "locals" here.

LBGE Apprentice
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited March 2012
    That's your problem, you're in Columbia! Go down I-26 a couple of hours until you get to Charleston and set up camp there.  :)) Just messin' with you. 

I lived on James Island for 7 years and loved it there. 
    <

Born and raised in Beaufort, SC which was voted best coastal city in SC over Charleston recently. These days, I would rather live in Columbia. Too many tourists in the Lowcountry.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    I bought my large green egg at Ace Hardware in Oxford, MS. Paid $735 and got the standard bag of lump. The Oxford Ace has the best supply of accessories I have seen. Wish they carried Wicked Good.

Eggo,

I live in Oxford also, I agree, they do a great job on everything so far.  My Egg didn't come from there, but have bought alot of accessories and charcoal from them.  I really want to try the Wicked Good everyone talks about.  Where else do you buy charcoal in town?  Nice to know there are some "locals" here.

Actually I live in Senatobia. All my doctors are in Oxford so I get down there often, too often lately. I've been buying Royal Oak at  Walmart and just tried Best of the West mesquite from Sams club. So far the best of the west has been very easy to start and leaves very little ash. Mostly large lump.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    I purchased my LBGE from an Ace and they have been excellent. They are also going to start carrying Wicked Good and Dizzy Pig within the next month.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • smokinbulldawg
    smokinbulldawg Posts: 10
    edited March 2012

Actually I live in Senatobia. All my doctors are in Oxford so I get down there often, too often lately. I've been buying Royal Oak at  Walmart and just tried Best of the West mesquite from Sams club. So far the best of the west has been very easy to start and leaves very little ash. Mostly large lump.
    sounds good(not about having to see Docs too much!!).  I work in Holly Springs, not too far apart.
    LBGE Apprentice
  • I picked up my Large egg from my local ace in Denver for 675.  Since all the Ace stores around me are franchised prices can vary wildly but the store I worked in as a kid seems to be the most competitive with big box stores. 
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Born and raised in Beaufort, SC which was voted best coastal city in SC over Charleston recently. These days, I would rather live in Columbia. Too many tourists in the Lowcountry. 
    I love coastal South Carolina. Some weekends we'd get up and start driving to Beaufort or Edisto and hang out for the day, or stay overnight. I know there are a lot of tourist, but that is a great part of the country. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Ace in Columbia SC is a dealer, but they never have s%*t. Once they ran out of the first stocking of eggsessories they have done a pathetic job of keeping them stocked. Hope you guys have a better eggsperience with Ace.

Hey Chubbs!  I get all my supplies at Bart Fireside.  They have always had anything I need!
    Bart Fireside in Columbia, SC
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615

That's where I bought my LBGE from just a couple weeks ago.
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615

Hey Chubbs!  I get all my supplies at Bart Fireside.  They have always had anything I need!

Where is that? I need few accessories.

Boom