Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Early B-Day Present - a new Small

Smokin Joe
Smokin Joe Posts: 441
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
YAHOO!!! My wife & daughter surprised me yesterday with an early birthday present - a new small egg with all the goodies. A great companion for my large. Since it was raining like crazy here in the Hotlanta area I didn't get to fire it up. The neighborhood swim meet tonight keeps me from cooking on it today, but it will be christened tomorrow.
Some of you know that I live in a neighborhood with some interesting stats - 487 homes; 26 known eggers; a possible 5 or 6 more that I'm unaware of, BUT... I'm the first one to have two eggs!!! Oh yea! Joe

Comments

• 1shot1kill
    1shot1kill Posts: 136
    Smokin Joe,
    outstanding man happy B-day. Have a good one

• haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Smokin Joe,
    Congrats Bro. Those are some really cool stats. You will love the small compadre. I had both of mine out in the driveway cooking the other nite and had phone calls from neighbors asking for space on the egg to cook there dinner :)

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Smokin Joe,
    Someone is being spoiled rotten. They must think pretty highly of you to do that, or maybe it's a very cunning plan to get you to cook even more Egged food. Happy Birthday.[p]Spring "Got A Large, Want A Small" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Smokin Joe, Happy B-day bro. What is the over and under on how long before someone else gets another egg. You could be the hero to every man in your subdivision. Now the guys can say.... Joe has two and his family got the second for him. Pure genius dude. Tom
  • Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Smokin Joe,[p]I am the only multiple egger in my neighborhood as well. I have 3 plus the chiminea. [p]We oughta have a suwanee eggfest. LOL

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Smokin Joe,[p]Oh, and by the way Joe, see if your wife can talk mine into getting me a medium. That way, I'd be set for life. (Except for the XL, but I don't wan to push it....)
  • Smokin Joe
    1shot1kill,
    Thanks!!! Joe

• Smokin Joe
    haywyre,
    I just put together and into the nest. I'm very eggcited to cook on it. Is the firebox supposed to fit all the way into the small or should it get "hung-up" so that there is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch gap between the bottom of the fire box and the floor of the egg? Curious - my fire box does not rest on the floor of the egg it is "hung up". Is that the correct way? Joe

• Smokin Joe
    Spring Chicken,
    I was wonderin about them asking me questions about the small after I got back from TX. It's all coming back to me now. Heee... Spoiled - you bet; rotten - nah, there is still lots of room for more spoilin... [p]BTW - it's mutual thing in our house. We are blessed with each other & life is very good. [p]Thanks for the B-Day wishes! Rum & Cokes to you! Joe

• Smokin Joe
    Sandbagger,
    There are already several of my neighbors that have "egg envy". I suspect that it will be less than 30 days. Egg-mania is a runnin wild! Thanks for the B-Day wshes! Joe[p]PS: Senior Huevos may be calling you soon to see if you are interested in doing a cook-off with him. I spoke with him last night and he is already talking about pulling a few guys together, traveling around TX and doing cook-off's. He is a wild man!

• Smokin Joe
    Mark Backer,
    I knew you had a few, but wow! One or two more and you hit the cycle. Cheers! Joe[p]PS: we have an egg fest - Eggtober Fest... Heee

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Smokin Joe, Hey I am emailing him right now. Tom

• Smokin Joe
    Sandbagger,
    I wished I lived closer to you guys - I'd be up for that. Joe

• Smokin Joe
    Mark Backer,
    patience, my friend... patience. In due time. Joe

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Smokin Joe,[p]CK your cell voicemail.[p]It should definately rest on the bottom of the egg!![p]Happy Birthday!![p]Chubby

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    Smokin Joe,[p]Happy (early) Birthday my friend! - I would be happy to cook a batch of award winning spares for Sunday, but since you need to break in your small, I'll just show up and eat![p]BTW: Maybe SauceySue can drop some hints to BarbaraQue before October when I hit my next mile marker![p]See you at the swim meet.[p]-T
  • Smokin Joe
    Chubby,
    Got it! Thanks a ton. Joe

• Smokin Joe
    FREAK,
    Thanks bud! Since I'm the captain I'm not longer the food czar - so it's going to be subs & such unless I just heard you volunteer to be the food czar??? No pressure...[p]I think with one Suacy Sue on the forum, we're going to have to change Sue's handle - she was thinking something like Sue-Z-Que - I guess following in the footsteps of her frienf BarbaraQue??? The jury is still out. All I know is that whatever she stays with - the new small will get a Lawn Ranger special handle with he moniker on it. Go figure... LOL Joe