Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Tacos

Options
mustgrill
mustgrill Posts: 141
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Marinated pork shoulder steaks with a spicy chili rub. Turned out very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyboG4aAQiE

Located in Western North Carolina

Comments

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    mustgrill,

That looks fantastic. How do you make your chili powder? I'm going to a farmers market this weekend where they have a ton of dried peppers. I'd like to make my own.

Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    Looks good....I do have a question on the amount of lump you put in there because it looks pretty minimal as to what I've always done (To bottom part of the fire ring)  
    Large BGE

• mustgrill
    Options
    I will post the recpie when I get home. It takes 5 differnet dry chilies cumin salt a few other things that I can't remember. I'll post later today.
  • mustgrill
    Options

Lump? I used about 1/3 of the fire box. Most of it burned in the making plus 4 cups of Mesquite.

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    Looks good....I do have a question on the amount of lump you put in there because it looks pretty minimal as to what I've always done (To bottom part of the fire ring)  
    Eddie,

I was wondering the same thing. At first I thought I was using too little lump then I started filling the fire box almost all the way. I guess it depends on what you're cooking in relation to what your temp needs to be. I'm still trying to get the hang of it. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options

Lump? I used about 1/3 of the fire box. Most of it burned in the making plus 4 cups of Mesquite.

Yeah is there any reason why you used so little for that?
    Large BGE