Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

corn on the cob

Options
bamafan62
bamafan62 Posts: 137
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
hello,

what are your method$ on the above.  do you u$e a temp. probe and if ye$ what core temp?

thank you,
phil

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I've tried many different techniques, and pulling the burned husks off the hot ears is a hassle to me, so anymore I just clean the ears of husk and silk and put them on the CI grate, flat side up, direct heat, and keep turning until they're lightly charred.
    I like slathering them with a mix of room-temp butter, a minced chipotle, salt and some lime zest.  Yum!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• bamafan62
    bamafan62 Posts: 137
    Options
    thank you.  i can't wit to try!
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    is it time again for florida ears to hit the stores............t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • BGElovr
    BGElovr Posts: 83
    Options
    I soak the ears in water for 30 minutes or so then throw them right on the grate, direct at about 250. Let them char for 30-45 minutes. When you pull the husk off, the silk comes right off almost in sheets. So much easier, imho than cleaning them raw.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    I put them around the edge of my XL with the lump reducer in.  So I guess it's sort of direct/indirect.  I don't even bother soaking, just put them on and they seem to come out well in about 30 minutes rotating regularly.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Wright Brand bacon has a recipe on their website that is amazing. One of my favorite things to cook on the egg.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    After cooking, hit em with a little parmesan cheese. Amazing.
    Mark Annville, PA