Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finlly got my Large Green Egg

Chris88
Chris88 Posts: 41
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I picked up my LBGE yesterday. Got it together and I have it in the table I built from the planes from Naked Whiz. I got a plate setter, ash tool and grate tool. Now I need to get some bottle openers. And I should be getting my DigiQ DX2 today. I will be ordering a AR from the ceramic grill store. 

Egg head in Louisiana.

Comments

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    A word of advice. Learn how to manually regulate the temp first before using the digiQ. That way if the digiQ would crap out, you know what you are doing. I don't own a digiQ yet, but would like one in the future. However, long cooks and temp regulation haven't been much of an issue so far.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Chris88
    Thanks for the advice it will be a learning curve for me. I grill and smoke just about every weekend. If I am doing a lot of butts are brisket's I use my 48 Lang smoker. It's a stick burner. I also use a weber. So I plane on taking it slow to learn how it works. Thanks again for the advice. 
    Egg head in Louisiana.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Welcome. It's the best cooking vessel you will ever use. Table looks great, and I like the white platesetter!!! Been a while since I have seen one that new
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Welcome to the family!   I could use mine every day for every meal if my son's baseball schedule didn't consume so much of my time :)
    Large BGE

• balliardi
    balliardi Posts: 72
    That is a sweet setup!
  • Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    Good for you buddy.  I just got mine about a month ago.  It has quickly turned into an obsession.  I bought the stoker but completely support learning how to maintain temps without is critical.  It is easy but you will really want to know you can do it without the Digi Q.  So psyched I bout the stoker but am even happier now that I know I can control it myself.  Please understand though it is pretty easy this Green Egg is completely amazing.  Enjoy....about to put the ribs on.  This forum is also the best area for advice I have seen anywhere.

Zick
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Table looks great. I used my egg for about 4 months and then got the Stokers. I agree with knowing how to control the temp manually as today I threw a 12 lb shoulder on and 4 hours into it, my alarm was going for a drop in temp. I was down 6 degrees and the fan wouldn't kick in. 10 minutes later, the fan started and temps are back to ±1°. I was close to pulling the Stokers and getting the temp to stabalize manually.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Chris88
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I hope to do some chicken Sunday. I plane on doing some small cooks to get use to the egg.
    Egg head in Louisiana.