Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spam Fest going on?

acrash
acrash Posts: 17
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
What is up with all of the Spam junk showing up on the threads?  We only cook meat on these forums, not spam!

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Not my photo, but I have done it several times.  Not much better than a crown of Spam!!

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • acrash
    acrash Posts: 17

Nicely done, sirs!  :-)  Did I miss some setting to get rid of the crappy adverts being placed on these threads?

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    They are bots.  Computers that have been hacked to spread advertising or junk to forums everywhere.  The owners of these computers don't even realize their systems are being used for this.
    Get Spybot or Ad-Aware (free) and run scans every week. I personally run Ad-Aware but, I do use Spybot too about every other month....going to do that now, that I think of it.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    I'm a moderator on another forum if if someone who has fewer than 10 posts, posts a link, the message automatically becomes "moderated" which means only the mods can see it. We then decide if it's a real post and release it. I don't know why this forum doesn't have this option...maybe Vanilla doesn't support this?