Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

IGrill Try Out Tonight

Options
mtnbikeninja
mtnbikeninja Posts: 36
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Well, my wife bought me the new IGrill for my birthday last week.  Tonight I wanted to test it out with a beer can chicken before attempting a low and slow cook this weekend.  I would have to say this device is ok but had major bluetooth connection problems.  I would walk in my house to my kitchen which is about 40 feet away and the connection would drop.  The IGrill suppose to have a range of 200+ feet but not sure how they got that.  I'm using a 2nd gen IPOD Touch with the IGrill Pro app. 

Has anyone used this with a IPhone or IPad and received better results?  I was just wondering if my IPod Touch was the culprit.

Thanks,

Comments

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I was always under the impression that Bluetooth was only good for 10 metres, just a tad over 30 feet.

Gerhard
  • GADuckaholic
    Options
    I was always under the impression that Bluetooth was only good for 10 metres, just a tad over 30 feet.

Gerhard
    Yep, I used to work for Verizon...Bluetooth has a range of about 30-50 ft depending on what's in the way. Clear line of sight you may be able to stretch it a little farther. But with walls, window etc in the way you are doing good to get 30. Not sure where they got the 200 ft range number from.
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Options
    I get about 50 feet out of mine. I have it and it works well. In a clear line of sight, you might hit 50+ft. 

• mtnbikeninja
    Options
    hey xray, how often do you have to change the batteries. I read you have to change them on every cook.
    Thanks for all of the replies. I'm still not sure how they received a good signal at 200 feet away. This is what they claim anyway. What a let down. Oh well, as long as I'm less than 40 feet away, it should work well for me.