Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Pizza = AMAZING!!!!

NightwingXP
NightwingXP Posts: 448
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok, so I had a harrowing, although successful, BB smoke yesterday with some help from some very nice Eggheads. Came home tonight after work and decided to tear my Egg apart and investigate some issues I was having. Long and short of it I solved my problem and cleaned out the Egg. Low and behold the urge to do a pizza hit me! I have done one pizza so far that turned out ok but needed improvement. Filled my medium up with some fresh lump and started it up to heat up while I went inside to through together a pizza. Found an AMAZING recipe for quick pizza dough ( I hope I don't get in trouble for this from the forum administrators, I apologize and will remove if I am ) and here's the link for it ( http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-pizza-crust/ ). This dough went together in about 20-25 minutes and made the best crust I have had in a long while! I then realized I had no toppings but pepperoni for the pizza and decided to use some of my pulled pork from yesterdays smoke!  Holy Crap this was good pizza! I have had BBQ Beef pizza from Pizza Hut often so the idea came naturally. This was probably the best pizza I have had in about 3-4 years. Crust was great! I was able to get a higher, more stable heat than my last pizza ( 550-600 this time vs. 375-400 last time ) and holy crap this Egg is gonna make me fat!!!(er) Cannot get enough. Here's some pics for you all to check out and hopefully drool at !! The wife, daughter and I did!!!!
Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!

Comments

• NightwingXP
    Next time I will mix BBQ sauce with the pulled pork. The mixture of BBQ sauce with the tom sauce of the pizza is great! Cannot wait to do it again!
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

I coat the dough with yellow mustard, then bbq sauce - then onions and Pulled pork.   Through some pickles on it after it is done.   Works well with brisket also.

Cookin in Texas
  • i have fallen into the trap of putting what ever i can get away with on the pizza...haven't gone wrong yet....i have some left over hot wings but cant figure out what to do about the bones :)

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited March 2012
    Yum ~ Looks great! :-bd

BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza with Goat Cheese is one of my favorite pizza combinations!

BBQ Pork Pizza with Goat Cheese
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • NightwingXP
    BB your pizza seriously looks great but I cannot get past the mustard on the dough. Sorry just not a mustard fan!!  NI your pulled pork pizza looks fabulous as well! I may have to try that one out!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    That is outstanding looking piazza.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    BB your pizza seriously looks great but I cannot get past the mustard on the dough. Sorry just not a mustard fan!!  NI your pulled pork pizza looks fabulous as well! I may have to try that one out!!

You really dont get a strong mustard flavor - kinda like using Mustard with a rub.   Most bbq sauses have some level of mustard, when you get to the Carolina's they will be yellow.

Try some on a corner of a pizza some time, might work for ya.  Have to admit, there is some drama associated with it - when there is a group over and I am making pizza's, I start painting the mustard - lots of funny looks from the group.

Cookin in Texas