Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kung Pao Shrimp with a twist (pics)

Options
Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Tonight I felt like egging some more stir fry so I pulled out the Wok King's (@VI) Kung Pao Shrimp to use up some shrimp I had on hand. Made a few modifications that my wife and I loved... We added broccoli and some Organic Buckwheat noodles I picked up from the market. I followed the same recipe except threw the broccoli in the rotation before the onions/peppers to give them more time in the wok. After I added the kung pao sauce, I added the cooked noodles until they were completely coated. Everything went really well except I still need some work in the plating category!!! Tonight, in a moment of stupidity, I threw on my heat resistant RUBBER meat gloves before I picked up the scorching hot wok to plate the food. Needless to say the metal and rubber made for a nasty combo... X_X  The proof of cook is below as well as a pic of the noodles I used. If you can find them I highly suggest them....

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Congrats, Chubbs.  Looks like you're branching out to include ingredients that you like.  Good for you!  I happen not to like broccoli, so I don't put it in my dishes, but I'm sure it was great in your Kung Pao Shrimp.

Post some pictures if you can.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Chubbs
    Options
    I edited my post to include them. See them now?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Yes.  Looks like you nailed it, Grasshopper. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Chubbs
    Options
    Yeah, worked out well. The noodles were a great addition. I cannot thank you enough for sharing your wealth of knowledge/experience with wokking on the egg, VI. My wife absolutely loves stir fry from the egg... a big compliment from a foodie who lived in NY, DC, and Spain!!