Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Put the new 10" Wok to work on the Mini (pic's only)

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
imageimageimageimageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    i like how the handle fits outside, i like the long handled woks and wood is good with that fit. cook looks good too
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    That's great, Mickey !!!  Woo hoo !!!!!

Did you put your wok on your mini woo or on the grid?  Wanna good szechuan sauce to go with that?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    edited March 2012
    @ Fishlessman: Like it was made for it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Mickey your obsession with the Mini makes me start to have one !
    @-)
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • Mickey

Gary I was just looking for you  number and can't find it. Call me please 254.289.1877

• Mickey
    Mickey your obsession with the Mini makes me start to have one !
    @-)

They are just fun to use. Really.....

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited March 2012
    That's great, Mickey !!!  Woo hoo !!!!!

Did you put your wok on your mini woo or on the grid?
    I'd like to know as well Mickey.  BTW....the food looks great!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mickey
    Did w/o anything. Just set it in.

• Mickey

This worked by just setting the wok in w/o grill or Woo. But after talking with VI I will try pulling the firering and placing the grill on the firebox then setting the wok on it. Just see the difference.

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Hey Mickey,

Is this the wok you bought??

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mickey
    Yes, that is it.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I'm actually excited about being a cook at the Fest now. That gives me two more chances to win a mini now, right?? :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mawger
    Mawger Posts: 40

Is there a special wok I should get for the large and also would like to know same

for the small egg.

• Mickey
    edited March 2012
    I'm actually excited about being a cook at the Fest now. That gives me two more chances to win a mini now, right?? :D
    That gives you chances at a total of 4 Mini's and the last one will have a Mini Carten as well. Just gets better and better.

• Mickey
    Big news guys. The Wok Shop will keep doing the seasoning for Mini's (10") for $5.00. They will not be able to season the larger sizes.