Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Loin and Banana Boats

Options
Hi54putty
Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I made a stuffed Loin last night off of the Nibble Me This site. It looked and smelled as good as anything I have Egged. Unfortunately, even though I tried to close the ends off as best I could, all of the provolone cheese melted and ran out. There was absolutely no cheese when I cut it open. Still tasted great but disappointing. Where did I go wrong? Any ideas? He used mozzarella but mentioned he thought provolone would be better.

I also Egged these banana boats for the kids. They loved them.

Not sure why I can't figure out how to get thumbnails to show up but they never work for me. Sorry for the large pics.
imageimage
XL,L,S 
Winston-Salem, NC 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    What is in the banana boats ?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hi54putty
    Options
    Butter, brown sugar, caramel chips, marshmallows. Wrap them in foil and Egg for about 10 minutes. They are great. Did these growing up over/in a camp fire.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Butter, brown sugar, caramel chips, marshmallows. Wrap them in foil and Egg for about 10 minutes. They are great. Did these growing up over/in a camp fire.
    Look Putty, there are plenty of health food forums for you to post on.  We want decadence here !!!   :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Hi54putty
    Options
    I figure my girls burn about 5,000 calories a day each so they should be fine.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC