Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Adjustable rig

Options
eggo
eggo Posts: 492
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Logged in to The Ceramic Grill Store to order an AR only to find their grids are out of stock. Any other place to get a large adjustable rig?
Eggo in N. MS

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Nope. That's a CGS exclusive. Just call Tom tomorrow and find out when he'll get it back in stock. It's worth the wait!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Options
    Those grids have been out of stock for a while now. They were out of stock when I bought mine back in January. I just decided to go with the oval grid instead of round because I got the slide guides too and this makes my two oval grids interchangable. Depending on your needs however, it might be worth the wait.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Oval is fine for the levels on the rig, especially with the slides....that's what I use and don't miss the little bit of surface area on the sides. The bge stock large grid sits on top of the rig for raised grilling so you have the large surface area there. I don't see where I would ever need a round one for use on the levels of the AR.
  • gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    Options
    Oval is fine for the levels on the rig, especially with the slides....that's what I use and don't miss the little bit of surface area on the sides. The bge stock large grid sits on top of the rig for raised grilling so you have the large surface area there. I don't see where I would ever need a round one for use on the levels of the AR.

I agree
    George
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Sorry, just realized the prob and see I didn't read your post correctly. I agree with Quinn but they're out of both grids so I see your conundrum.

The AR is great so hope you figure out how to use it.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Place a call to Tom this morning.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chris88
    Chris88 Posts: 41
    Options
    I called Tom the other day and was going to order the large a r r&b oval combo and he
     said they are waiting for the oval stones. He said they should be in in about two weeks. 
    Egg head in Louisiana.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sorry for being out of product but I am learning that managing inventory this truly an art form......with a little luck thrown in......LOL.  The large oval grids should go to the electro-polisher this week and ship to me next week.  So, the large oval grids are a couple weeks out.  The 16.5 round grid is approx. 6 weeks out as it has been on hold for a good reason - will be an accessory to the new large Woo Ring - PS Woo.   I"ll have the new PS Woo at Salado if anyone wants to play with it.....

thanks to all for answering and the positive responses......tom           
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.