Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Bottom Round Deli Roastbeef

Options
XLentEGG
XLentEGG Posts: 436
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

5lb. seasoned wrapped and set overnight in fridge.  Roasted low and slow 225* -230* indirect. Pulled at 130* internal. Foiled toweled, and rested for two hours in cooler. Sliced thin and served warm,was WAY better than any store bought deli beef I have ever had. Fridge overnight and will slice into 1lb sandwich packs vacuum sealed and then frozen until needed. This stuff was super tender !! :Dimage

More meat please !! :-)

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    That is a mighty fine looking piece of cow. How did you decide on a bottom round roast over a sirloin tip?
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • XLentEGG
    edited March 2012
    Options
    That is a mighty fine looking piece of cow. How did you decide on a bottom round roast over a sirloin tip?
    THANK YOU !!
    When I went to Winn Dixie ( local grocery chain ) they had the meat marked down from $30.00 to $23.00 plus buy one get one free. I figured this was just right for a first time cook. The meat was USDA Choice. The forum seemed split on their opinion of what cut to use , so I just bought some Bottom roast and went with it.
  • Tomjohn
    Tomjohn Posts: 45
    Options
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Thanks for the info. At todays beef prices that is a great deal. All info is saved to the note pad for a future cook while I search for a good deal on beef. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    XLentEGG...your roast looks delicious. How long did it take to get to130* internal? We want to plan a similar cook and wanted a time frame. Thanks.

Bob
    Alex City Al 

Opelika, Alabama
  • XLentEGG
    Options
    XLentEGG...your roast looks delicious. How long did it take to get to130* internal? We want to plan a similar cook and wanted a time frame. Thanks.

Bob

Alex City Al 

I believe that it was three to four hours. The clocks were still out of wack from the time change and i'm not real sure that my wife did not reset the clocks during the cook. I rested it for two hours foiled, toweled and in the cooler. This was to let the juices settle. Don't know if it really needed that long of a rest or not. This was my first one.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    That looks fantastic....  
    Cookin in Texas