Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday dinner: smoked brisket

gerhardk
gerhardk Posts: 942
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Put it on about 4:30 a.m., it is now 2:10 and the internal temperature is at 185ºF.  Will be putting it in the cooler within the half hour, I hope it will taste as good as it smells.

Gerhard

Comments

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Do a fork test to make sure it is tender before removing it from the BGE.  This usually happens between 180 and 205 degrees. Every brisket is different and you can't cook solely by checking the temperature.

Enjoy
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    Give me your address and I will do the fork test for you! :D
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Thanks for the hint, it came off just before 4 p.m. at 201ºF.  It is in the cooler now waiting to be served around 5:30 to 6:00.  The taste is really good judging from the little piece we ripped off and looks to have a nice smoke ring.  Scooter if you leave TN now you should be here bright and early Monday morning, near the shores of Lake Huron in Ontario.

Gerhard
  • tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    edited March 2012
    I like my eggs with a side of brisket!  Hope it comes out the way you like it.  Hard to beat  good brisket.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge