Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil Lunch

Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Did a London Broil this morning for my daughter to take back home with her.  She will use it all week for lunches.

24 hour teriyaki marinade
Set until room temp
500 degree soak for the LBGE
Woo in raised position
Chunk of apple wood tossed on the coals
Tossed the steak, brought the temp back to 400 and waited 10 minutes
Checked temp and flipped
Checked temp and took off at 5 minutes.  Temp was 135
Tented to rest for 10 minutes

London Broil has never been very inspiring for me.  Man, was this tender and juicy.\

BTW that ain't coffee in my Watch Cup.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Looks like coffee to me... just sayin'. :-)
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    looks really good!
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Did a London Broil this morning for my daughter to take back home with her.  She will use it all week for lunches.

24 hour teriyaki marinade
    Set until room temp
    500 degree soak for the LBGE
    Woo in raised position
    Chunk of apple wood tossed on the coals
    Tossed the steak, brought the temp back to 400 and waited 10 minutes
    Checked temp and flipped
    Checked temp and took off at 5 minutes.  Temp was 135
    Tented to rest for 10 minutes

London Broil has never been very inspiring for me.  Man, was this tender and juicy.\

BTW that ain't coffee in my Watch Cup.
    Thanks for sharing your idea on the London Broil...have never marinated for 24 hrs only used Dale's about an hour ahead of time. Got ur time and temp in my "log".

Bob
    Alex City Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Doc, that looks and sounds awesome.

Dumb question from a newb...what is a woo?
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Thanks.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    We do a similar think with a soy, garlic and oil based marinade.  It was a great recipe for the gasser and I'll try it on the egg pretty soon.

We buy the meat on sale and put it in a zip lock bag with the marinade and freeze them.  Nice thing about the marinade,is the steak freezes well and comes out well even months later from a frost free freezer.  It can be defrosted fast using the hot tub method and ready to go pretty quickly.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.