Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless, skinless chicken??

Options
demo
demo Posts: 163
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have advice on how to cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the BGE??  Direct, indirect ?  Time & Temp.?
Thanks.

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Raised direct until 160 internal.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited March 2012
    Options

I cut in half (to make thinner) and then pound to make even. I like Julio's rub (cumin is the main addition to it). I cook raised direct on the Mini (with a Woo) but regular on anysize will  work, just have to watch them (thin). I want a hot fire 400 and as I said direct. I do not oil them. This is a fast cook, don't go inside and make a drink.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    in a stirfry
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    I like to soak in a brine first. That way they won't dry out as much. Boneless, skinless breasts can get pretty dry. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • milkman5083
    milkman5083 Posts: 100
    Options
    I cook chicken every week. I set the the temp around 350 and pull when the breast are at 160. It usually takes around 17-20 minutes for the chicken to get done. I do mine direct and do not raise the grid. Chicken turns out perfect each time.