Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

10" Mini Wok for Mini

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Just came in from WokShop. And they seasoned it for $5. Looks like a good job (will have Gary check it out in Salado).  10" Wok is just right for the Mini.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• That is a great looking wok
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275

Mickey or VI

What size carbon steel wok is best for the large Egg with the spider? Do you have a model # and what handle configuration do you like?

Thanks, Bill

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Will need Gary to answer this one. I had one and got real rusty and tossed. Both Gary and the lady at shop said in so many words that I was an idot. But Tom sells them at ceramicgrillstore.com and the lady at Wok Shop. I just can't remember the size I tossed.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

Mickey or VI

What size carbon steel wok is best for the large Egg with the spider? Do you have a model # and what handle configuration do you like?

Thanks, Bill

Gary suggested 16 inch carbon steel for my large. Works great. It is a round bottom and has metal (not wood) helper handles on both sides.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959

Mickey or VI

Thanks, Bill

Bill,

I have a large, and for me, I like the 16" carbon steel with a round bottom.  Fits well with the spider.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257

Gonna get me a 16". Any insight on the differences between the regular carbon steel and the hand hammered?

Thanks.

Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Thanks guys, I think I'll order today.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959

Gonna get me a 16". Any insight on the differences between the regular carbon steel and the hand hammered?

Thanks.

No, I don't.  I think the name implies that there was more human interchange in the making, but I don't know if that makes it better or worse.  Made in Germany impresses me.  Made in China does not.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    VI, thanks. Good point. Made up my mind.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    edited March 2012

Thanks.

No, I don't.  I think the name implies that there was more human interchange in the making, but I don't know if that makes it better or worse.  Made in Germany impresses me.  Made in China does not.
    You might think a wok would be the one thing you want to be made in China.