Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot tip for Eggers with table

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is a hot tip for all you eggers with a large BGE in the table...[p]When I purchased my egg I had the bright idea to but 2 steel plates and a turntable bearing (Flat ring with ball bearings).[p]I placed the plates on the wood base of the table with the "lazy Susan" bearing in between them and then set the egg on top.[p]Now i can effortlessly rotate the egg to my liking...facing the table for loading food onto it, away from the table for cleaing out ash...towards the wind for hotter fire or away from the wind to cool it down.[p]I cannot imagine using my egg without this simple and effective method for turning it.[p]Try it![p]Just a little help from a fellow egger with a mechanical mind...

Comments

• clweed
    clweed Posts: 70
    Options
    Rob,[p]That is one reason that I haven't put mine in a Table, I like to rotate the egg into the wind for low and slow cooks. Thanks for the tip. Do you have pics?[p]Lee
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Rob,
    That's a great idea![p]Mike

• Unknown
    Options
    clweed,[p]No pictures...not that it would be easy to see anyways![p]The lazy susan type bearing is readily available at any hardware store, as are the steel plates.[p]This setup has the added benefit of dissipating the heat from the egg.[p]The egg spins so freely that I can rotate it with one finger.[p]Kinda looks like R2D2 spinning in an X-wing fighter!