Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does anyone use iGrill for your iPhone?

Options
walleyv
walleyv Posts: 147
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Was wondering if anybody uses this and how does it compare to the Maverick ET732.

Comments

• daveyray72
    Options
    I'm also curious...I've been eyeing up the iGrill, but have not yet pulled the trigger.
    Love smoking chicken...but they are hard to keep lit ;-) http://daveyrayland.wordpress.com/ Small Egg / Weber OTG 22" / CharGriller Trio / Masterbuilt 30" Electric
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Why don't you two pull the trigger then give me your reviews?!! Been looking at it too.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    $80 on Amazon and not the best of reviews?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    Options

I've seen the poor reviews as well. I'm going to give them another year to work out the kinks before I pull the trigger. 

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• EazyE
    EazyE Posts: 67
    Options
    My friend has one and I like the Maverick better. It is cool with all the extra functions it has, but it loses it's signal a bunch with the Bluetooth which is annoying. Twice the signal was lost over night on a low and slow and wake up to check the temps with a blank screen. Maybe the new ones will work better, but for the price difference, I will take/ keep the Maverick in a heartbeat.
  • maxPowers
    maxPowers Posts: 38
    Options
    From what I could tell iGrill is bluetooth enabled, which isn't great if your grill is outside and you want to hang out in the living room.  Does anyone know of a device that connects into the home Wifi connection?
  • walleyv
    walleyv Posts: 147
    Options
    Now that would be nice max.
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I don't need one, but 2 of my friends have it and love it. They said it works flawlessly.
  • PapaB
    PapaB Posts: 146
    Options

I got an iGrill for Christmas this year, and when it works, it works well.  It interfaces from the local unit to my iPad via Bluetooth.  The only thing I don't like about it is when the iPad times out and goes to sleep, you have to wake it up, close and reopen the application for it to recognize the remote sending unit.  It has the usual features of alarming on cook to temp, time, type of meat, etc.  On a scale from 1-10 (10 is best), I'd give it a 7.5.