Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday Night - First Pizza Night

Options
RustyBrainpan
RustyBrainpan Posts: 32
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
So after studying all the pizza related posts here I took on my first pizza cook Saturday night.  Used a simple no knead dough, fired up the Egg with a load of Wicked Good, stablized the temperature at 650 (the average of all the different temps I have read), stone on top the adjustable rig and cranked out some excellent pies!  Here is the evidence:

First one ready for the fire.  Pepperoni, canadian bacon and italian sausage.

And in 8 minutes (give or take), the results

White pie with garlic oil, ricotta, basil and fresh mozz.

Back to the meat - pepperoni, sausage, carmelized onion

The crust was fabulous - crispy on the outside with just the right amount of chew

The Egg never disappoints!

Comments

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    They look amazing!  Good job!! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Nice job on those pizzas!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Looks awesome! What dough recipe did you use? Care to share? :-)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Jameson19
    Options
    Looks awesome! What dough recipe did you use? Care to share? :-)
    +1

Does everyone on here make their own dough or buy some at a store already made?
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Make my own. Pretty easy and I have never found any at the store that is as good. I have tried publix dough balls but find they always snap back after I roll it out making it difficult to work with. Plus, it is even better when you are eating something you made from scratch.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013