Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Travis - how is the eye

Options
boatbum
boatbum Posts: 1,273
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

Wondering if your recovering well.

Cookin in Texas

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    :ar!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Shiver me timbers, Matey.  Yes, please let us know.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• travisstrick
    Options
    I'm doing great. Thanks for asking. I got a lot of eye patch jokes but otherwise OK. 

In an effort to keep this BGE related, I ended up cooking the flank steak and tri tip two days later. I will be posting the recipe soon. They turned out BEYOND GREAT. I may have to recreate them to get pics. They will be called "pirate flank steak" and "one eye tri tip". I believe the two days of soaking in the fridge really helped. The flank steak for sure had marinade flavor throughout. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • boatbum
    Options

you got a patch that matches the kilt for salado?

on a diff note - looks pretty definate we are headed down to Salado for the day on Saturday - look forward to meeting some the brains behind the posts.

Cookin in Texas
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What is up with the kilt thing?  Last time I checked Texans don't wear kilts, but you can damn sure get kilt if you're caught wearing one!!  Just say'in.............:)

Mike
    In Nebraska and Kiltless!

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Flamethrower
    Options
  • boatbum
    Options

I'm not wearing one on a windy texas day - that north wind can be brutal

Cookin in Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mike the kilt deal came up with one of the eggheads saying something about a kilt and I told them the Salado was the Kilt Capital of Texas ( I made that up). We do have (for the past 60 years) a very large Scott Clans games here. So the city is very used to kilts all over the place. Well one thing to another and we have about a dozen or more that will be in kilts. Just for your information: the differance between a kilt and a skirt is pumps ^:)^
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• boatbum
    Options

TY for the explaination Mickey - I never made the connection between scottich kilts and st patty's day.

Cookin in Texas