Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some good make ahead meals for the week

Options
EddieK76
EddieK76 Posts: 416
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
So since my wife and my schedule plus my sons sports have really thrown our week up for grabs and I'm tired of having to grab something quick to eat I want to make some make ahead meals for the week on the Egg. 

I am making some meatloaf, and if any grocery stores have a whole chicken on sale I'll get that too.  What else would be a good make ahead meal that either freezes well or will be fine in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Large BGE

Comments

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    I've had good luck with vacuum sealing and freezing pulled pork. I sealed them up in single portion sizes and reheated in a pot of boiling water.  Then you can make sandwiches, tacos, enchiladas, pizza, etc. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Spatchcocked Turkey, turkey leggs, and chicken. Also pulled pork is a keeper. Cook up and freeze hamburgers to nuke. Cook a ham..... You can't go wrong here.....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    Next on my purchase list is a vacuum sealer.   

As far as ham goes...Do I just get one of those precooked ones where I just heat it up or no?
    Large BGE

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    There is just the two of us but I will always cook a large amount. If I make beans I make a big pot. The same with chili and soup. Pot roast and I will cook two big ones. It doesn't take any more work to cook twice the amount of food. Don't pick up one chicken - get 2 or 3. All my leftovers are in foodsaver bags. Tonight we are having sliced pork loin from 3 weeks ago. I did a standing rib and sliced it thin for French dip sandwiches. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • paulheels
    Options
    @eddie, go to food Savers websit ad sign up for their emails. They usually have the best deals. Got mine from them. Usually have sales for packages.
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.