Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lower Band looks like it's slipping off?

Options
MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm getting ready to enter double digits on the number of cooks on my LBGE and was going to check the bands to make sure they didn't need tightening.  I imagine the bottom band slipping off would be bad.  So - the band in the front by the handle is over the lip by ~1/16th" and behind by the hinge it's below the lip by about the same, more seated toward the natural curve of the ceramic where you'd imagine it belonged.

What should I do.  OK just making sure my bands are tight and rest assured my arms aren't going to get chopped off while I'm in the middle of a Village Idiot stir fry?

Thanks.
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's hard to picture what your issue is, but I recall there used to be a hole in the egg that the band slipped into so it can't slide off.  Not sure if the design has changed, but I recall there being one because mine chipped in that area.  I glued it years ago with JB Weld and it's been fine ever since.  I completely forgot about this repair until reading your post.  Not really on point, but here's a pic.  I think it is okay to make your band pretty tight.