Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado Eggfest

boatbum
boatbum Posts: 1,273
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

For those folks that are in the area - and are going to be attending.

I registered this week, will do my best to be there - kinda depends on schedules with whats going on that weekend.  I am eating - not cooking.  Curious about who is cooking, what your cooking.   Guess I am kinda hungry, thinking about food. 

For the organizers - hope I am not jumping the gun or stealing thunder - but looking forward to my first EggFest.

Cookin in Texas

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited February 2012

Sure hope you make. Here is where to check:  Who's Coming To Salado  (almost 6 weeks out) . Or for all the action go http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com/   No list of what is cooking - sorry . But with 20 demo eggs and several bringing own Eggs a lot will be cooking all day. If this is your first fest: MAKE IT. If not first you understand the fun you will be missing. More to learn in a few hours than you can do on your own in a year.....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I'll be there with my xl. Still unsure what I'll be cooking.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Travis we are going to have a ball. Between you and JLockhart I can see jail time.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Look forward to meeting both of you.
    Cookin in Texas
  • Mickey
    Boatbum can't wait..... Do you own a kilt?

• So.................. I think I just decided what to cook. My dad may be coming to visit during the eggfest. He lives in Florida and has access to some of the best seafood in the world. I think I'm going to have him bring a bushel of fresh oysters and cook them up at the fest. Some raw, some baked, some Rockefeller ect ect.
  • Travis, I'm interested in how you're going to cook the raw oysters.  Direct or indirect?  How long do you think it will take to get the fire down to ambient temperature?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Travis, I'm interested in how you're going to cook the raw oysters.  Direct or indirect?  How long do you think it will take to get the fire down to ambient temperature?
    It's an ancient secret. I'm one of only three white men to know how.