Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado Eggfest Update

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just sent this to all of the registered attendees from last year's Salado Egghead Gathering to remind them to register for this year's Eggfest.

Then I thought, 'Why not just send it to everybody.'

So consider yourselves 'reminded.'

You're welcome...

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Top O' The Mornin' To Ya...

If'n you're a' planin' on comin' to the Salado Eggfest on March 17th, you'll probably be a' hearin' a lot of that and seein' a lot a' Irish Green, because it also happens to be St. Patrick's Day. It's only 39 days away.

For sure, 'tis some good ol' Irish fun we'll be a' havin' and good food we'll be eatin', but amongst the crowd there will also be some of those equally fun-lovin' Scots. Some of us have even promised to be wearin' our fancy Highland Kilts and showin' off our bony legs.

And, of course, there will be plenty of Eggs a' smokin' with tasty morsels to enjoy and delightful chatter between Cooks and Tasters.

What I'm sayin' is, If you want to be part of all this fun you've gotta start thinkin' harder about bein' there. Then you've gotta register. As of today 100 of your fellow Eggheads have already done so. (Y'all don't have to do it again and you should be seein' your name on the "Who's Coming" list http://whoiscomingtosalado.blogspot.com/

Here's the Salado Eggfest web site address to help you with the process of decidin' and registerin':

http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com/

Read on it some, look at the pictures from last year and register. Ye'll be glad you did.

Oh, and one last thing, we're giving away four Mini Big Green Eggs this year, two to everybody and two to registered cooks, along with a bunch of other stuff. But you've gotta be registered to win any of it.

So Mark your calendar for March 17th today, register, get out your "Irish Green" or "kilt" and bring your Big Green Egghead Self to a really great Eggfest.

See you in Salado.

Leroy
aka Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

Please note that Big Green Egg is so happy with this Salado EggFest they are doing special green colored eggs for St Pat's day. Will have 20 demo eggs to take home....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275

Mickey

Did you get Ace Hardware to donate the 20 Eggs?

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Please note that Big Green Egg is so happy with this Salado EggFest they are doing special green colored eggs for St Pat's day. Will have 20 demo eggs to take home....

What do we have to do to buy one? 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Thinking if travisstrick is gonna bring that bottle of Blue I might make it down.
    Cookin in Texas
  • Boatbum,

Be sure to register.

• Mickey

Mickey

Yes on 20 Eggs from Ace.  AND we will have 4 Free Mini Eggs by just registering.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275

Mickey

Yes on 20 Eggs from Ace.  AND we will have 4 Free Mini Eggs by just registering.

So is it a local Ace dealer that puts up the 20 Eggs and then sells them @ a discount, not Ace Corporate?
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Mickey

Please note that Big Green Egg is so happy with this Salado EggFest they are doing special green colored eggs for St Pat's day. Will have 20 demo eggs to take home....

What do we have to do to buy one? 

You can get any size if you ask in time. The size we will have for sale is Large. Egg pricing as follows  $745 includes  Large Egg  Nest  BGE Lump  Platesetter  Fire starter<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = U5 /><?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

• That's a great price, Mickey !!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

Boatbum,

Be sure to register.

Just did...

Cookin in Texas