Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg owner!

Options
jared_kerns
jared_kerns Posts: 1
edited February 2012 in Root
Well I just bought my Egg!! I think I am going to do kabobs on it first! any suggestions or ideas to try???

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Start slow.  Work up to more complex cooks.  Don't go high heat until the gaskets have seated themselves (you'll blow them on your first pizza anyway)  :))

Welcome.  Your life will never be the same.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Jared welcome to our world. Be sure and send pic's of your cooks. My wife ask if we could ever just eat a meal without photographing it.....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• hogaholic
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

I suggest taking a look to the right of this post for a list of hundreds of ideas for things to cook.
    Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    Welcome to the cult!  Tons of great ideas on this site and everyone is ready to answer questions.  Once you learn how to control your fire and what adjustments the upper and lower vents do to your temps - you'll be on your way to great food off the egg.  Its actually hard to screw up.  :D