Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheap yellow mustard 3/3/4 steak

Options
Prof Dan
Prof Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried a lot of fancy rubs and marinades, but this one is the best I have made, and it is easy:[p]Slather on some cheap yellow mustard -- not dijon, just hot dog mustard. Sprinkle on some season salt or whatever. Fire up the Egg to 500. Three minutes on a side. Shut 'er down and let the meat sit there for four minutes.[p]You can't taste the mustard but it gives the meat a tangy thing, plus it sticks to the meat instead of dripping off.[p]That's it. Easy. Probably not as good as T Rex, but really easy.

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Prof Dan,[p]Actually this is an old tried and true. Kosher salt works the best because it forms a hard crust that pretty much peels off. I'm surprised you got it at 500 degrees. Usually that leaves on a TON of salt. It's lower than broiler temp. Usually it takes about a 700 sear or more to really get that crust without drowning in salt.[p]Egged steaks are just killer no matter what, doncha think?[p]mShark
  • Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    Mollyshark,[p]You are right that this can be salty if you overdo it -- so I go easy on the salt and then add at the table.