Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Intro, Musings, & Maybe pics

Options
nineee
nineee Posts: 41
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum

First of all, this group rocks.  You've given great advice before I bought my BGE and since.  I've had it 3 weeks and my first cook was a slow smoked pork butt.  When I fired up for the first time it was drizzling, an hour later is was raining and shortly after it snowed for the rest of the day.  The pulled pork was awesome.  Since then I've one Dr. BBQ's version of beer can chicken, spatchcock chicken and pizza.  All major successes.

I broke the ceramic damper lid the second week and thanks to advice from forum members and pictures and advice from Canugghead, the lid is fixed with jbweld and ready to go. My repair job is not as neat as Canugghead's but I'm just glad I saved the lid.

I'm the grillmeister of our family of two, three if you count the cat.  My patient husband is the taster of my experiments.  He's always been the pizza maker but when I made pizza on the BGE this weekend I realized I had taken on another task.  So I said he needed to learn how to use the egg.  See, I bought this baby myself with my own money.  He happily said, "Oh, OK.  I wasn't sure I was allowed to use it."  He's a sweet and gentle guy.  Now don't think because of that statement he's a wimp.  He's just very considerate and wouldn't infringe on my territory.  I did say I'm the grillmeister, didn't I?  My fear is that since he's a man and has the caveman gene he'll fire her up to 700 for 2 burgers.

Well, here's hoping I can add my pics. ninee in KY

Comments