Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Breast

Options
flachick
flachick Posts: 40
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Lurker and BGE owner since mid-November.  Thank you all for your hints, tips, and words of wisdom.  We've had many successful cooks because of you. Tonight, we grilled Publix frozen in a bag/defrosted chicken breasts, marinated with lemon and garlic.  I can't remember to whom I should give credit, but if you Google the ingredients, you will probably find her.  Anyway, we were hungry and too eager to eat so we put the breasts on way too soon. Backfire.  Instead of a quick 15 minutes direct at 350, it went about 45 minutes direct at around 270. My "instant read" showed a 150 temp when we pulled the breasts because they looked done to me.  There was no hint of pink in any of them. Juicy and delicious.  So thanks for teaching me.  Even a near failure has turned into a success.

Comments

• genwmull
    Options
    Congratulations on your egg and welcome.
    Large BGE Dyersburg TN
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I suggest new owners keep a small log on their cooks, brief notes on what worked and did not work.  This is (1) of two ways to get up to speed with the egg.  The second way (2) is to keep consistent with your meat selection -  same cut, size, grade and such.  Consistency on your cooks will speed the learning curve too. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.