Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2012 Full Color BGE User Cookbook Submissions Wanted

BIGTBBQ
BIGTBBQ Posts: 5
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Looking to publish a 2012 BGE recipe book.  Please submit your favorite BGE recipes along with your name and city/state you live.  You will receive the credit for your recipes.  If you do not wish to have your name published with your recipes just let me know.  You may submit any type of recipe or tips as long as it pertains to the Big Green Egg.  My goal is to have over 400 recipes and full color pictures.  I'm trying to have this published before that start of the BBQ season.  It will be available on Amazon and other sites.
Submit your recipes, tips and color pictures to:  thebiggreenegg2012@gmail.com

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I suggest you also reach to the other forum as well.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Is this an official BGE publication?
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    "BBQ season"...don't you know BBQ season for eggers ends Dec 31 and starts up again Jan 1? :)
  • Please include grill setup and estimated cook times and temps. Lots of new BGE users could use these hints.

Thanks
  • Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    @BIGTBBQ - I think you should give everyone some more information about who you are and are you publishing this book for yourself or a company or someone else? Otherwise, people might find it a little suspicios.

@Wilcox - there are lots of recipes and methods in the forum categories.
  • I've got some flambés as well as a donair recipe I'll be submitting.  Looking forward to knowing when your deadline is.  
    I love my egg.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited January 2012
    Jasper, I agree.  If someone is going to try to make money by publishing other people's work, they should do more than just ask for donations.  For some people, I'd do it.  For others, maybe not.

And even if you assume the start of the BBQ season is Memorial Day, (silly, I know!) I'm not sure how good a job anyone is going to do if they have to collect 400 recipes, get color photos, proofread the recipes, try them, etc. etc. etc.
    The Naked Whiz
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    assuming you may be from headquarters, when does the season actually start or you talking when sales start picking up
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    I would be shocked if someone from headquarters is doing this using a gmail email account....not really official sounding if I ask me...
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    edited January 2012
    It's his first post, so he obviously isn't a big participant of the forum.  He also hasn't shown up at the other BGE-related forum. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Must be a gypsy .... here today gone today!
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • For starters, I'm new to all of the BGE forums and in fact I'm new to BGE. This is not an offical publication.

After looking for months and months I decided to purchase a BGE XL.   I was trying to find information on how to cook well done hamburgers on my BGE grill.  When I was looking around, I was very disappointed to find the recipe books were either very expensive or had very few recipes. I was getting frustrated and telling a friend that if you wanted a recipe you had to go on the forums and try to find it.  Having two small children, searching for recipes on the internet is not an easy feat.  He suggested compiling recipes for a book.  He just got done publishing a book and was telling me how easy it was and that he would help.  I have no plans on making any money on this book.  If I was trying to just make a profit, I would have copied recipes off the various forums.  I am going to sell it for what it cost to print it.  I know that sounds stupid but what a GREAT Reference Guide this would be if owners submitted their tried recipes and tips to help others.  Some of the best recipes I have ever had came from church/organization cookbooks where people submitted their favorite recipes.  Look at all the great information that is on the forums.  I am trying to put that into print to help everyone including those without internet access.  The people who submit will see their name in print along beside their recipe.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

Very nice of you, but it is now up on both forums. Just saying..........

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• It takes time to get approved to post to the sites and I dont live on the internet.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited January 2012
    I'll pass. I freely give out my recipes, but not for a book.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Thats fine this was just an idea I had. If I don't get enough recipes I don't publish the book. No big deal I was just thinking this could help a lot of people.
  • fishlessman
    im sure if you saw a post you want to print and simply ask or email the poster they will let you print it. whats a well done burger. the recipe is easy, cook til its done at medium rare and then burn it
    :))
    fukahwee maine

• Anyone who can't find recipes isn't looking or perhaps is brand new. (wink!)  I've got tons of recipes on my site.  I've got the cookbooks from about 15 or more Eggfests.  I've got Wise One's BGE Cookbook.  I've got tons of recipes in the Living Cookbook software format.  There are tons of recipes on this site and the other BGE site.

Of course, would anyone really publish a recipe for a well done burger?  Cook it until the internal temp is XXX degrees? 

Anyway, BIGTBBQ, welcome to the forum.  Just start asking questions and you'll get all the help you need.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Thanks

This is my wife who like burnt burgers not me.

• fishlessman
    @ naked whiz
    whens your book coming out. i bet you could sell alot of lump charcoal books, really, you would sell alot and your research is already there
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    easiest way to keep a well done burger moist is to cook it med/rare, then nuke it. next trick is the butter pat buried in the burger, you may have to do that when she is not looking
    fukahwee maine

• joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394

@The Naked Whiz

I downloaded your eggfest recipe books and thanks for taking the time and effort to post them - I have been trying recipes from them the last two weeks and I love it.  No need to create a new book...all the info you need is right here at your finger tips.

• Just for the record, all those eggfest books were put together by Bill Wise (Wise One) and the folks who ran the other fests.  They just let me post them for all of you.

The Naked Whiz